The Importance Of Being Harpo
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
  The more love in the world the better.
I firmly believe that the more love there is in the world the better. The passionate union of man and woman is one of the most beautiful things on Earth. Just as is the sapphic love, and the more of the sweet man love there is then the world would surely be a better place. Even those who find their special joy comes from rabbits bring their own kind of happiness to us all¹.

However, there is one love that is not included. That is the love of my housemate for his girlfriend. I am so freakin sick of it.

The girl is lovely—don't get me wrong—she is a sweet, friendly lass. I have nothing against her except that she is always over at my house and the pair of them are so astoundingly irritating together. The noisy, slurpy kisses; his exaggerated laughter; their deafening sex. I'm sick of it.

He is leaving the country in a few weeks so they are getting as much “quality time” in before he goes so she will be over every night until his flight. The next person I'm getting into his room will be bright, bubbly, engaging and completely asexual.

Excuse me for ranting but I have had to leave the house tonight because of it. I was in a pub for a while but it closed. I'm now at the office. The office, for chrissake, writing an entry in a blog. I'm in a bit of a grump.

¹ It's the mutilation to death that rather goes against my argument here…

 
Comments:
With the dawn of the new day comes a new feeling of tolerance. I'm not so cross any more. But still, if anybody has any good reasons to leave the house of an evening over the next three weeks please add them to this thread. As you could see from this post I'm starting to run out of good ideas.
 
you could always shout him a going away pressie of a couple of movie tix, then you'd get the house to yourself for an eve at least. Failing that, ear plugs come in handy!
 
Two excellent suggestions. Thank you.

I admit nothing but perhaps I have already resorted to earplugs in the past. Some rocking music on the iPod, possibly.

The movie tickets would be a stroke of genius but it gets me only a few hours. They are guaranteed to return at some stage and if I am asleep when they do then they are guaranteed to wake me up.

In fact I could just buy myself some movie tickets. That's genius. What's out at the moment? What theatres would have been open at 10:30 on a Tuesday night?…
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /