The Importance Of Being Harpo
Thursday, November 02, 2006
  Wasting time during exams is stupid. Discuss.
There is, as I trust you all know, a standard technique for taking exams. Read through the paper first, answer the easy questions before the hard ones, go through it all afterwards to confirm your answers and always pick C for the multiple choice questions.

I had done all that last night for a test I had and I was still only about a third of the way through the available time so I took a blank page on my answer booklet and wrote out Coleridge's Kubla Kahn for my examiner's entertainment. Having finished that, still unwilling to leave the room—all my exam-taking friends were there working hard and there was nothing at home except pasta and The IT Crowd—I took another blank page and wrote out the lyrics to a Queen song.

My worry is that I might lose marks because I went for ‘We Are The Champions’. Wouldn't the examiner prefer something like ‘You're My Best Friend’? ‘Gimme The Prize’? Obviously I wasn't going to use ‘Another One Bites The Dust’.

 
Comments:
Surely Tenement Funster chooses itself?
 
Quite surprised that you didn't go for "Don't stop me now".

Everyone should get to say "That's why they call me Mr Farenheit" at least once in their life.
 
Too true. I just didn't think of them. I was in the exam thinking it's a hard life and going stone cold crazy because I was under pressure. I just wanted to break free.
 
Rebecca,

Me too.

I have also had several dreams where the good marks I got during study were rescinded by the relevant authorities who notify me of this fact by mail.

Hmmm. I think I might be ever-so-slightly insecure.
 
The examiner told me last night when she was handing out the results, perhaps it should have been ‘I'm In Love With My Car’ !!

Rebecca you should follow my example and only do exams that are easy and that just about everybody does well in. Takes all the stress out of the exercise. Leaves more time for Coleridge and composing blog entries.

Lordy, Gigglewick. Your unconscious gives you a hard time…
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /