The Importance Of Being Harpo
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
  Arguments under the mistletoe
My Christmas was lovely except I got in a bit of a fistfight.

I was telling some guy that Gödel's theory of the incompleteness of first-order mathematics was not the upheaval of modern logic that commentators say and he was getting all worked up about it and countered with how Turing's halting problem was just a ‘neat trick’ and had nothing to do with the development of computing and, I admit, I lost my temper and said something rude about Hegelian dialectics and he hit me in the face.

My very best wishes for all of us. Have a lovely New Year's.

 
Comments:
Harpo, you are the BEST!

Nurse that black eye, and have a great new year.
 
Some guy? Which guy?
 
but harpo...why were you under the mistletoe with a guy.
unless...
unless...

oooh. i get it.
 
ahh...when geeks attack! ;)
 
Hey cheers!

Meva: Cut lip actually but thank you ever so much and no, YOU are the best. I love comments like that!

Bonnie: Which guy? The second son of the Earl of Grantchester having inherited his fortune is seeking a wife with which to share his life in his country house. I don't know. Don't make me invent stuff when I haven't had my opium.

Charlotte: You just keep learning more and more about me.

M: Indeed, look out. And don't bring up Max Planck or I just go feral!
 
I promise never to bring up Max Planck, unless I get drunk and name my next child Max and it turns out through a wildly improbable coincidence that my last name is actually Planck, because in those circumstances I would have no choice.

Happy New Year.
 
Oh no! It's a wordplay-off. Nobody would dare go head-to-head with you, INC, in such a contest!

And particularly not when you're contributing only an hour and a half into 2007! I trust we're all adult enough not to have spent today “bringing up Max Planck” after our excesses last night.

Happy New Year to you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /