The Importance Of Being Harpo
Friday, December 08, 2006
  Take-away makes me go all poetical
Sometimes you feel like things are all going just nicely. Like you've just found a shiny $2 coin on the footpath, like an awesome song is playing on the radio, like somebody else has cleaned the dishes. Everything is going nicely.

Sometimes you feel as though you are firing on all cylinders, tuned sweetly and you are just humming down the highway.

Sometimes you feel like everybody you meet are good friends who have big smiles and warm greetings.

Sometimes you feel as though you can handle anything. Whatever is thrown at you, you can gobble up and spit out and still have cycles free to file your nails.

Sometimes you feel like a walk in the sunshine is the best thing in the entire world.

Sometimes all it takes is a slice of pizza and I feel cheerful.

 
Comments:
Pizza.


Mmmmmmmm. Pizza.





Pizza.



Mmmmmmm.


(repeat)
 
Mmmmmmmm. Pizza.
Mmmmmmm.

Can I put a straw poll out there?

Anchovies: where do you stand? They often inspire strong feelings when placed near pizzas. Yay for anchovied pizzas or boo?

An important question. Michelle Grattan once put it to Peter Costello.
 
I never order a pizza with anchovies. But I usually like having pizza with someone who does. I like just one mouthful.

So it's a half-hearted boo and a bit of a limp little yay from me.


(What was PC's reply?)
 
Such shameless pizza theft is unacceptable! But I do admire your neutrality, Swiss-style, on the divisive anchovy debate.

Costello said: “With the onset of recession in the United States and recession in Europe, and of course recurring recession in Japan, the other countries of the OECD have slipped back into deep deficit led principally by the United States, the world's largest economy. Consumer confidence is quite strong, retail trade is quite strong, employment intentions have been strong. Now not only are we not forecasting deep deficits, almost alone of the developed economies of the world Australia is forecasting surpluses. Why do I make this point, because in the chatter of commentary over the Budget you will sometimes hear people say fiscal policy has been loosened, this will put pressure on interest rates. But you will raise the same amount of revenue with less tax from more people than you will from more tax from fewer people. I find anchovies a bit too salty.”
 
Mmm I love that feeling.
The sunshine on my face today.
That was all I needed.
A spring in my step.
 
Oh that's fabulous. Cheers, Bonnie. I was very cheerful when I wrote this entry and your own poetry expresses how good that feels.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /