The Importance Of Being Harpo
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
  The wheels on the bike go round and round
Was able to ride my bike this morning for the first time in more than a month. What cheer. We are so lucky to be in a city that lets us ride our bikes so much: we have much to thank Bicycle Victoria for — every time you see a bike path by a river or a bike lane painted on the road, do think of BV and praise their pretty cotton socks.

I went all engineer on my fair chariot¹ last night and cleaned the drive-train and oiled up the chain and tightened bolts and fiddled with knobs and everything and this morning it ran like a sweet, sweet dream.

The weather is delicious here in Melbourne today and riding a bike could not have been more enjoyable. The sun was fingering my face, there was a hint of a breeze to let you know you were outside, the traffic was rider-friendly, the other riders were all cheerful and wearing shorts and looking hot.

Bike-riding. A simple pleasure but isn't it good.


¹ I actually have a name for my bike: Statler, after the Muppet. Go ahead: call me a freak.

 
Comments:
I know I have already responded to this post over at my blog but I just want to see if I can comment here without the beta going blaaaah at me.
 
And I can. Hooray!
 
Hooray!
 
I've opted out of my usual 10km bike ride to work today in preparation of the Xmas party. I wouldn't want to be riding home after that.

It's great to have you back in the saddle after such a long time Harpo!
 
speaking of xmas party...where did u bugger off to?
 
Yes, speaking of the Xmas party…

I didn't describe the office Christmas party because on Friday I was incapable of function. eljustino and Charlotte were there but for everybody else, all the staff and a few partners all went out to dinner and after visiting a few bars we were at Honkytonks and, to answer your question, Charlotte, after dancing myself to a frenzy I just stepped outside for some air. The venue took that opportunity to close and lock the door. By the time I ring the guys you'd all moved on to Prahran or some crap. I think you'll agree that was my cue to go home.

Our entire support desk turned up on Friday morning not having slept. It's that sort of office.
 
freak. :)
 
Well, I guess I deserved that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /