The Importance Of Being Harpo
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
  That's a moray
Channel 31's Fishcam, that great Melbourne institution, has been cancelled.

If anybody didn't catch it, the show merely consisted of a camera placed in front of a fishtank and was used as overnight filler when regular programming ended for the day. It ran for over a decade and gathered a sort of cult status.

The quote being run in today's press is from station manager Greg Dee: “The station felt that after 13 years the show had started to flounder”

They must have had a whale of a time coming up with that one, they would have been falling all over the plaice. I can see how they've been angling to have the show axed. I say station management have lost their sole.

A show in that much trouble could only be saved by an act of cod.

 
Comments:
aw man, I hope they don't replace it with static. I hate that!
 
Harpo, you realise that this post will probably result in INC imploding with pun overload. I hope he comes through it okay.
 
M — static is nobody's friend. Fight the power. Or at least turn the power off at the wall.

Meva — I am well aware of the dangerous ground upon which I am treading. As we all know he has been a little quiet lately, I suspect he has been off listening to his Beastie Boys collection: Licensed To Eel, Gill Communication, Hello Tasty
 
*implodes with pun overload*

*Wonders how Meva knew this would happen*

*feels incredibly happy just to get mentioned on this blog, in any context*
 
Meva knows all.
 
I think m meant to say "re-plaice".

License to eel. Snort!

Do you think Greg Dee knew what he was saying, or was that just a really unfortunate (tidal?) confluence of language and imagery?
 
Thank you!! Finally somebody said something grateful about my incessant punnage! That's all I'm after. “Licensed to eel. Snort!“ Yep, I was quite pleased with that one.

M had her chance and I think she missed it. If we give her a second go what will she come up with? (yes, that's Harpo issuing a challenge. Bring on your game, missy)

I'm pretty sure Mr Dee knew what he was doing. Surely even station managers have senses of humour.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /