The Importance Of Being Harpo
Friday, April 20, 2007
  Change of career?
Morose in the office. Everybody is quitting. All the people I like here are resigning; it is wholly depressing.

Perhaps it's time to give the programming away. Here I am a shit-hot, gun coder — but is it time to try something else?

A few thoughts:

So I guess there are always plenty of options.

There's a musical playing the comedy festival at the moment about one of our previous prime ministers. Those bastards stole my idea! I was already half way through writing one hell of a musical when I heard that those bastards had stolen my idea.

But then, to give them credit, they've gone for Keating which, looking back, is a stroke of genius. I wish I'd thought of it: mine was about John McEwen.

I might just stick with the coding.

 
Comments:
Masseuse?
 
Massage is one of those crafts that has different names for male and female practitioners. If we use that language (and it's my blog, so I will) I'd be a masseur.

I'm volunteering at a four-day sporting event next week. It should be good fun and I'll have a better idea of what a career as a professional massage therapist would be after that.
 
And your mini-series starring William McInnes about the life of GH Reid.....

I'm going to blog about Keating! a bit later. I have my usual bleeding heart/how hot is Mike McLeish rant at the ready.

I think hairdressers need to cut hair, not just make with the small talk (although you might argue that some do neither well).
 
so who else has quit that wonderful workplace? and maybe unrelenting tedium was suggesting you could take up quite a few hours with home gender-reassignment surgery before taking up a full time career in massage?
probably not tho.
 
GW — Read was a gag-a-minute riot of giggles. No mini-series for him: it'd be a 12-episode run of a half-hour sitcom.

READ: Oh jolly rotten. (laughter) Everybody is getting their turn at this prime minister lark. (laughter) When's my turn, eh what? (laughter)

and so on. It writes itself.

And the hairdressers? No, it's all about the conversation.

Chucky — Greetings! Good point: Unrelenting Tedium has been making several other suggestions along those lines recently, now that you mention it.

I don't know who you are Chucky, so I can't tell how current your information is but we've lost two long-standing members of the support desk and our new accounts jockey/receptionist; and one of my fellow programmers has announced his resignation. They are all unhappy losses.
 
Maybe combine some of these with a fruitful musical career?
Perhaps a group of actuaries who rock under the title of Force Majeure?
 
That's a superb idea. We could sing material about nautical types with political ambitions who have good hair and fine clothes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /