The Importance Of Being Harpo
Monday, September 11, 2006
  Mmmm. Waffles.
Something a little odd is happening to me right now. Just this last half-an-hour I've developed quite a strong craving for waffles with a generous drizzle of genuine maple syrup. I never eat that facile, overpoweringly sweet, goopy mess but right now I suddenly find I want some.

You probably don't really need to be reading about this. There are many things you could be doing rather than reading about what some guy wants to eat. Not even what he's actually eating, mind you, but merely the food he is thinking about.

Here is a list of some of the things you might be doing instead:

But instead you read this. Thank you.

 
Comments:
Good on you, Rebecca. A life without thin cheese pancakes is a life half-lived.

What was the last time you heard a trashy song on the radio and sang along? Wanna Be Starting Something by Michael Jackson came on as I was driving home last night and I just couldn't help myself: “too high to get over, too low to get under…”
 
No, thank you. Seriously. That list is gold.

As for trashy songs on the radio, if they ever play "Don't stop moving" by S Club 7 I will not only sing loudly but bust out the most seriously excellent chair dancing moves in the history of automotive travel.

The people next to me at the lights generally don't know what to think.

And my children no doubt find this slightly embarassing.
 
Ha! Nice one!

Today it was 19-20-20 by The Grates on Pandora at work. I don't know if that counts as trashy: the song is certainly very stupid but heaps o' fun.

When oh when will chair dancing be an Olympic sport?
 
"Performing the productive endeavours for your employers and their shareholders to which you are contractually bound" - pah! No-one does that anymore since Al Gore invented the interweb.

Some day someone will realise this, and the entire economy will collapse. Don't say you haven't been warned.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Is rumoured to have hobbies.


Contact
Send stuff to my email address

Archives
June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / July 2008 / July 2010 /